AASHTOWare Project™ Payroll Spreadsheet Conversion Utility 2.0
The best way to produce Payroll XML files is to use a software system to manage the data that can also produce this format directly. However, not all end users will have such a system available to them. In that case, data can be manually entered directly into the AASHTOWare Project Civil Rights & Labor Management System™ (formerly Trns•Port CRLMS®) module, or produced using an Excel spreadsheet.
AASHTO provides a general-purpose Microsoft Excel 2007 (XLSX) spreadsheet to agencies that can be used to enter payroll data (Payroll Spreadsheet) and an online conversion utility that can take a filled-in spreadsheet and return a valid Payroll XML file for delivery to an agency.
- Download the Payroll Spreadsheet: Log into aashtowareproject.org > Downloads > Software Downloads > select "Related Documentation" from the Download Type dropdown menu.
- Populate the tabs Ethnicity, Craft, Labor, and State with your agency's specific values prior to distributing to the contractor.
- Please contact your agency to request a copy of their configured Payroll Spreadsheet.
- Completed Payroll spreadsheets can be used with the Conversion Utility below.
- If you experience issues with using the AASHTOWare Project Spreadsheet and Conversion Utility, please contact your agency's representative.
Once you have a payroll spreadsheet with your data entered, you can create a Payroll XML file online with this tool.
- Save the Payroll XML file that is returned from the online converter.
You can now deliver the Payroll XML file to the agency via whatever method they have established.